Yes I do realize that it's January 23rd and I'm just now getting around to putting my 2013 new years resolutions on paper. I wanted to give myself time this year to really put some thought into what I'd like to work on, continue doing, change, and try to accomplish this year. Some on my list are easy, some are not. Some are a pretty far reach for me, but I believe it's important to stretch yourself a little, even if you come up short. So here goes... 1. Drink more water. This one should be easy enough, right? In years past I've sustained myself by starting the day with coffee, then later in the day drinking diet coke, and ending the day with a glass of wine. It's time to start drinking more water!
2. Improve my photography. This I know I will love working on this year. Photography is something I truly enjoy, and I think it's especially important to work on improving it since I now share so much of it in this blog medium.
3. Learn all I can about healthy and delicious vegetarian and vegan cooking, and share it on this blog.
4. Eat no meat in 2013. This is going to be a challenge for me, but I hope with the right amount of support, planning, and dedication I can do this.
5. Volunteer. I seem to have come up with so many excuses as to why I haven't participated in regular volunteer/charity work in recent years. It's something I miss and I think is an important piece of a balanced life. So this is the year when I plan to resume volunteering on a regular basis!
6. Take more chances, take bigger risks.
7. Stop comparing my life or myself to anyone else.
8. Get dressed up and go see a ballet or an opera.
9. Read more books, watch less TV.
10. And I've saved the best and most important for last - To be the best wife, mommy, daughter, sister, daughter-in-law, niece, cousin, granddaughter, and friend I can be. To make an effort to be more present and more engaged with the people who matter the most, my family and friends.
Ok so that's that! I plan to print this out and paste it somewhere I'll see everyday.
What are some of your resolutions this year?